Daikondi has been the latest province formed in 2004 with the population of around 477,544 people consisting of Hazaras, Pashtoons, and Balooches. People living in this province are famous for their honesty and hardworking, however there is no better living facilities provided for them. The people living in this geographical area are facing the very difficult living situation, there were 53 people died due to lack of medicine and food in 2008, there is lack of schools,teachers and study materials, no health care services are provided, the governmental departments do not have proper office place, work environment etc.. and all these are showing the lack of government's attention towards this province.
Daikondi is the province, where the government put the least attention for. The problem of people rises day by day and the care of government decreases meanwhile. Daikondi is geographically surrounded by high mountains and has a dire cold season, the living becomes much challenging during the winter and fall seasons due to the snowfall and blockage of the routes to capital (Kabul), people can not have enough access to eatable materials, fuel, coal etc. In spite of all these problems the government did not put any effort for solving their problems, the people were only used by the political leaders and were promised to construct their roads, schools, hospitals and electricity services, but no promises were put in action. Mr. Khalili the Vice President had few travels to Daikondi not to help the people, but to attain the people's vote for Mr. President.
1. Mohammad Amin Fatimi, minister of public health founded the 100 bed hospital in 2008, but it is not constructed yet due to vague reasons.
2. I.R.D was supervising a road construction project in Daikondi in 2009 and the road construction work was going on, unfortunately this project has also been stopped due to unknown reasons.
3. The plan of turning Neeli to a city with further living and technological facilities has also been an imaginary dream and still Neeli, which is the capital of Daikondi struggles with lots of problems.
4. The Ministry of Education has played a very weak role in Daikondi, people are enthusiastic to earn knowledge and go to schools, but no enough books, schools and educational materials are provided.
Maximum of the young generation have the wish to go to schools and study and bring a bright situation for their people and country, but still there is a big question that why the government is not fostering the education for these people, even they do not enjoy their enfranchisement as a common citizen of Afghanistan, there is only an ex-part relation between the government and the people.
This ex-part relation can rise further disaster, if an apropos attention is not to be paid for the problems dominating Daikondi. In conclusion, there can be seen much cooperation from Daikondi people towards government and carelessness from government towards people. Who cares for the problem of these people is a vague issue which persecutes everyone's mind and conscience.
Daikondi is one of the 34th provinces of Afghanistan, which was formally turned to a province from being one of the Oruzgan's districts on 28th March 2004. Neeli is the capital of Daikondi entertaining the pure nature and verdured land.
86 % Hazaras,8 % Pashtoons, and 3 % Balooches are living commensalismly in this geographical area with devotedness and purity. The total population of Daikondi was estimated to be around 477,544 (CSCO Afghanistan, 2006). This province is well known for its high quality almond and variety of fruit, which are distributed throughout Afghanistan and the maximum of population is busy in cultivation.
This province has the first female mayor (Uzra Jafari) in Afghanistan, which shows the tendency of the people towards democracy and thier active participation in development, democracy, human rights etc.
Districts of Daikondi:
1. Ashtarlai: Created from Daikondi district in 2004.
2. Kijran: Transferred from Oruzgan province in 2004.
3. Khedir: Created from Daikondi district in 2004.
4. Shahristan: Transferred from Oruzgan province in 2004.
5. Kiti: Transferred from Oruzgan and created within Kijran in 2004.
6. Miramor: Transferred from Oruzgan and created withing Shahristan district in 2004.
7. Neeli: It is the capital and created from Daikondi district in 2004.
8. Sangtakht: Created from Daikondi district in 2004.